Statute of German-Chinese Association of Artificial Intelligence e.V.
- Name, registered office and fiscal year
- Purpose of the association
- Bodies of the Association
- General Meeting
- Notarization of decisions
- Dissolution of the Association
The text of this statue is mostly machine-translated from the German version of “Satzung des Deutsch-Chinesischer Verein zur künstlichen Intelligenz e.V.”. In case of any differentiating interpretation of the German and English version, the German version will be the determining version of this statue.
Name, registered office and fiscal year
- The association is named “German-Chinese Association for Artificial Intelligence eV”.
- The seat of the association is Berlin.
- The Association shall be entered in the register.
- Financial year is the calendar year.
Purpose of the association
- The association pursues exclusively and directly charitable purposes within the meaning of section “tax purposes” of the Tax Code (§§ 51ff) in the current version.
- The purpose of the association is to promote the exchange of educational resources between Germany and China in the field of artificial intelligence.
- The purpose is realized by:
- the promotion of academic and professional exchange;
- with conferences, seminars and other exchange activities for the artificial intelligence;
- supports the provision of an information and discussion platform, arranging internships, assistance in finding a job and so on.
- The association is non-profit, does not pursue its own economic purposes.
- Association funds may only be used for statutory purposes.
- Member may get no shares of the association’s assets upon their departure or dissolution or termination of the association.
- No person from expenditures that are alien to the purpose of the association, or by disproportionately high remuneration.
- Members of the Association may be any natural person who support its goals.
- The association has the following members:
- full members
- young members (up to the age of 18 years)
- Honorary Members
- Only full members are entitled to vote and can be elected to club office. Young members are having their 18th year as full members.
- On the application for admission to the Association by the Board.
- Membership is terminated by resignation, death, removal from the membership and exclusion. The withdrawal can only take place on the year and must be received in writing by September 30 of the year.
- When a member to the purposes and interests of the association has egregiously violated or despite a reminder remains with the post for three months in arrears, it can be ruled out by the Board with immediate effect. The member must be given before a decision opportunity to comment. Against the decision to exclude an appeal may be lodged within a period of one month after notification of exclusion, through which the next general meeting decides.
Members pay contributions in accordance with a resolution by the General Assembly. Establishing the level of contributions and - maturity a simple majority of those present at the general meeting voting club members is required. The General Assembly may adopt a contribution rules, governs the nature, extent and maturity of the contributions.
Bodies of the Association
The bodies of the association are the General Assembly and the Board.
- The General Meeting is convened once a year.
- An extraordinary general meeting shall be called if required by the interest of association or if the convening of 25 %of the club members will be requested in writing, stating the purpose and reasons.
- The convening of the meeting in writing by the board while maintaining an invitation period of at least six weeks while the agenda. The period begins with the sending of the invitation letter the following day. The invitation letter is the member as having been received if it is sent to the last known writing by the member of the Association given address.
- Decisions can also be made in writing. For this, the draft resolution will be submitted to all members by e-mail with a deadline of two weeks to vote. Voting which is not received by the deadline at the club are considered abstentions.
- The General Assembly as the highest decision-making body of the association is in principle responsible for all tasks involving specific tasks were not transferred in accordance with this statute to another body. Your particular, the financial statements and the annual report for decision on the approval and the discharge of the Board submitted in writing. They ordered two auditors who belong to neither the board nor one appointed by the Executive Committee and must not be employees of the organization to audit the accounts, including financial statements and to report earnings before the General Assembly. The General Assembly also decides on:
- strategy and tasks of the association
- recordings of loans
- All bylaws of the association
- Amendments to
- resolution of the club
- Each statutory convened General Assembly constitutes a quorum - regardless of the number of members present.
- The General Assembly passes resolutions (except for amendments and dissolution of the association) by a simple majority. In a tie, a motion is rejected.
- Each ordinary member has one vote.
- The board consists of the chairman, the first deputy chairman, the second deputy chairman, the third deputy chairman, the communication director and the treasurer.
- The association is represented by two members of the board together and out of court.
- The board is elected by the general assembly for a period of one year. The re-election of board members is possible.
- The members of the Board shall continue in office until a new board is elected.
- The Chairman shall be appointed by the General Assembly in a separate ballot.
- The Board conducts the business of the association; it is responsible for the management and use of club funds. The activity of the board is honorary.
- Board meetings take place every year at least once. Invitations to board meetings by the Chairman.
- The Board shall take decisions by a simple majority. Board meetings have a quorum if at least two members are present.
- Decisions of the Board may also be passed in writing (by e-mail or online) or by telephone in urgent cases, if all members declare their consent to this procedure in writing or by telephone.
- For the decision on amendments a three-fourths majority of the members present is required. All amendments can only be voted on in the General Assembly, if advised of this agenda item already in the notice of meeting and the invitation of both the existing and the proposed new statute text had been attached.
- Amendments that are required by regulatory, judicial or financial authorities for formal reasons, the Board may make its own initiative. These amendments must be communicated to all members of the association in writing immediately.
Notarization of decisions
The decisions taken at general meetings and board meetings shall be recorded in writing and signed by the Board.
- As part of the membership administration are the following members of the data collected (name, first name, address, email address, etc.). This data processed in the framework of membership and stored.
- In addition, the association will publish the data of its members internally and externally only after relevant decisions of the General Assembly and takes the data from members who objected to disclosure.
Dissolution of the Association
- The dissolution of the association can only be decided by a specially convened extraordinary general meeting with a majority of three quarters of members present.
- Upon dissolution or termination of the association or loss of tax-privileged purposes his fortune to the Save The Children Germany e.V., which has to use it directly and exclusively for tax-privileged purposes.
The accuracy and completeness of the Articles of Association in accordance with § 71 para. 1 sentence 4 BGB is insured.
Berlin, Mar. 18th, 2018
First version: Berlin, Feb. 7th, 2018